Tuesday 14 June 2011

Abersoch - Part 1

The blogging bug has bitten again and I have decided to come back for another round of posting. When I say posting, it implies posts in the plural, so perhaps I should have phrased that differently - I'll be the first to admit that my blogging activities have been somewhat erratic.

However, whilst I'm here I might as well make the most of this bout of enthusiasm and tell you about our recent holiday. My lovely parents (have a look at http://akelamalu.blogspot.com for my Mum's wonderful blog) paid for the family to spend the week in Abersoch in North Wales, a holiday destination that I visited several times when I was less than knee high to a grasshopper. These trips took place around thirty years and I honestly didn't recall a lot of the landmarks but I do remember having fun there.

The holiday party comprised my parents who now seem to have got to that age where they purchase matching jackets...

My brother, Nick, and his wife Alison who was a little hungover on the day this picture was taken and really wouldn't thank me for posting it...

My two boys, Kai & Nathaniel (Kai is back left and Nathaniel is in the middle with the purple t-shirt) and Nick & Alison's children Sam (centre behind Nathaniel), Gracie (next to Nathaniel) and Harry (back left)...

And finally there was me, and I seem to be seeing how many chins I can fit onto one face...

Unfortunately, F couldn't join us because someone had to stay behind to look after the hounds of hell. For the purposes of this post she will be represented (for no apparent reason) by this tiny bird sat on an anchor...

The anchor is located near the harbour beach in Abersoch. This picture was taken on the day we arrived in the town. The weather was glorious and we all took a stroll along the beach - after a visit to the pub for a swift cola...

More next time...

3 comments:

Akelamalu said...

LOL you summed the first day up perfectly! I fit all the week in one post today. ;)

Maude Lynn said...

"Represented by this tiny bird . . ."

That's hilarious!

Dan's Fi-ver said...

Mum - I needed to leave myself room for several posts!

Mama Zen - it was either the tiny bird, a jellyfish or a giant woodlouse...I didn't fancy the reaction I'd have got to the other two!