Wednesday 8 August 2007

An Update

We're still here, don't panic!! Oh, you weren't...ok, I'll get on with it then.

Just a quick one really. I've been doing a bit of work on the house, as well as dealing with all the things you have to do when you're out of work and preparing my claim for redundancy pay. I've been made aware in an email from my former employer that the company has not gone into administration and is therefore still trading. Because of this, I have to claim redundancy pay, pay in lieu of notice and wages owing from them rather than from the National Insurance fund.

Now that sounds relatively simply but I worked directly with these people for nine and a half years and I know that they'll do whatever it takes to wheedle out of it. This means there is a distinct possibility of me having to take them to an employment tribunal. I could be in for a long fight.

I have to attend the joke shop, sorry, job centre on Friday morning for a "ready to work" interview. I can see I might have to bite my lip a few times and not say what I'm really thinking!

Anyway, on a brighter note, we had a little trip into the historic town of Skipton today where Fi's sister and her husband have their narrowboat moored. We had fish and chips for dinner and then had a walk round the "famous" market...which in my opinion is c**p!! Still, it was a nice day out and was good to get away from the stresses of keep going over the above in my head!

4 comments:

Pam said...

gee, sounds a lot like our unemployment system here. you know that employers NEVER wanna pay anyone until they have to. i'm sure you will get it all sussed and sorted...good that you got to take a break from it all-relieves some stress for sure.

Akelamalu said...

You'll get there babe (I'm sending lots of Reiki to the situation!)and I truly believe it will be for the better - you were getting stagnant there! xx

Dan's Fi-ver said...

Ciara,
Hi, thanks for the words of support, we are gonna be just fine..

Queenie said...

You bite your tongue NEVER!!!!
Sorry to hear about the job babe, not what need at the moment is it? Don't worry though I have a feeling in my water that bigger and better things are around the corner (you know my water is always right)!!!!